Lets talk about these amazing duck eggs! They are high in protein and act as an amazing leavening agent for any of your baking needs. I have always enjoyed the soft, fluffy texture of duck eggs. Talk about decadent! If we could convince our girls it actually was okay to lay their eggs in the coop and not in the rabbit barn, that would be the day!
Egg whites are super high in protein and kids will have a blast getting some exercise and egg all over the counter by whisking them to be a fluffy masterpiece. This is a fun family cooking experience that we got to experience together with our own farm fresh ingredients. Even if you don’t have some of the ingredients, you can substitute the some of the vegetables. This recipe is for a larger family meal. You can cut the portions as necessary, or have some delicious leftovers!
- 8 duck eggs
- 1/2 cup spinach (shredded)
- 1/4 cup basil (diced)
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup diced chives
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil ( or olive oil)
- 3 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut up veggies into small pieces
- Mix egg whites and egg in a small bowl with seasonings
- Heat up a fry pan on medium to low heat and add coconut oil
- Add veggies
- Cook until golden (tilt and rotate skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow into empty spaces)
- Add the cheese when the egg is semi solid
- Flip omelet
Thanks for the link.
This sounds amazing. Can’t wait to get some fresh basil into my eggs again this summer.
It’s been forever since I’ve had duck eggs!
I apologize profusely for such a delay in responding. We are as a family doing various collaborative efforts between a site or blog of sorts, youtube, plus just balancing our day to day activities. I had no idea that anyone on the planet has seen anything we’ve done yet. Thanks for being the first on the planet with kind words aimed toward us. (Joel)